Knowledge Alliance’s Policy Impact
Knowledge Alliance’s recent advocacy efforts have included following:
- Led coalition to ensure the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) includes an evidence-based innovation fund.
- Prevented unwarranted restrictions on education research in ESSA and other education bills.
- Drove effort to reauthorize the Education Sciences Reform Act (ESRA) and ensure that House and Senate bills focused on rigor and relevance of education research.
- Preserved funding for key federal programs supporting the creation and use of research-based evidence.
- Pushed for inclusion of scientifically based research in the Workforce Investment Opportunity Act and the Child Care Development Block Grant.